Friday, October 3, 2008

Metamorphosis

Remember these days? I sure do. When I was young, I could watch Mary-Kate and Ashely Olsen's To Grandmother's House We Go a million times. Oh, those beaded bandanas and platform flip-flops. It seems like I have watched these twins grow up (even though they are 6 years older than I). Now look. They stalk around in sky-high stilettos and peer over avant-garde sunglasses. I admire them for it.


I could, and maybe should, have put up so many more pictures but that would have taken hours. They way they put together clothing to look so thrown together and expensive-sloppy is so lovely. Even though it seems as if they are still trying to hold on to the heroin chic look, I am officially declaring the Olsen twins as my fashion inspiration.

5 comments:

Belowen said...

Ashley is one of my top fashion icons... I love how she works gorgeous but basic pieces... Feminine yet edgy at the same time. Love!

montague said...

aaaw! they are all grown up!

Human Racing said...

i like how the olsen twins have progressed over the years. Thanks for your comment and visiting my blog. I would love to exchange links!

Susanna-Cole King said...

Oh I do remember when them especially when they were like tweens and in their early teens. I used to think their movies were so cool! Of course now their old movies are kind of laughable... however I'm so glad they moved on to adult stuff, and I think not only do they both have great style, but I think they're mature and intelligent young women, so glad they didn't turned out to be like child stars gone bad. haha :P

And never mind about my age question in the last post, I calculated your age when you said MK and A were 6 years older than you. ;)

xoxo,
S-C

Celi_Divine said...

It's weird to see that picture of them when they were younger, even though that's how i know them. They seem so separate from that now. I loved them then and I so love them now.