Thursday, August 14, 2008

Psychological Issues

This morning started horribly for me. I woke up to the piercing shrieks of my mom yelling, "Aysia, Get up! You have 15 minutes!" You see, I had a doctors appointment this morning at 8:00 am. I don't know what type sadistic person schedules an appointment that early, but someone in my family did. Any who, I dragged out of bed, still somewhat hungover from watching Project Runway and the Olympics so late, to go get my blood drawn. Now that I think about it, I don't even know why I had to get that done. It's not like I am sick or anything. I wasn't nervous in the car, but once I was in the waiting room, I felt horrid. I was so anxious and had the feeling of butterflies in my stomach (not the good kind either). Eventually a Middle Eastern woman with a strong accent called my name and took me back into a white plastic looking room. As she was feeling for my veins she said, "You are such a skinny person, that's why your veins are skinny too." I didn't really know how to respond to this, so I didn't. I was too preoccupied about why I could hear my heart beating in my ears. I didn't even feel the needle go into me, but for some reason I could feel tears running down my face. Once I was done, I walked out of the office as fast as I could so no one would see me. "Why are you crying?" my brother asked. I just shrugged my shoulders because I didn't even know the answer to that. I have come to the conclusion that I have an unexplainable fear of needles.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah. I love project runway :D. This blog was very witty and entertaining. keep up the great work.

P.S. needles scare me too. (:

Anonymous said...

"You are such a skinny person, that's why your veins are skinny too." I didn't really know how to respond to this, so I didn't

-- hahaha omg ALH i can envision that. i like this post its funny

A. said...

Thank you anonymous and thanks jeramine :) hahah

KATLIN said...

I know how you feel about those early appts! My mom loooves to schedule my appts for me and asks for the earliest time (so I don't stay out late?). The needles though, I don't really have to much trouble with, even when I was a kid I was okay with getting shots!