Friday, June 27, 2008

Mathangi Arulpragasam






Mathangi Arulpragasam, aka M.I.A., is surely entertaining people all over the world. This London-born vocalist/record producer/songwriter/composer/visual artist is doing it all (as you can see due to my numerous /s). M.I.A., in my opinion, represents the Millennial generation. Seriously -- she is a Sri Lankan Brit who raps! Talk about breaking down stereotypes in all forms! She also talks about problems with immigration, politics, and violence. Not to mention that her songs are so catchy! "Boyz", "Paper Planes", and "Galang" keep me dancing around my room all night long. She is truly an inspiration for people who are trying to break into the music industry but are afraid of what people will think. Check her out at http://www.miauk.com/. Let me know what you think.


Also, who else can pull off wearing this?!?

No comments: